Monday, April 27, 2009

A Texas Quiz

I was wondering how many Texas fun facts I could still recall the other day, so I googled "Texas facts," and several sites popped up.  One of these sites quoted the Texas pledge DIFFERENTLY from the pledge I remembered.  Come to find out, in 2007 the state legislature added the phrase "one state under God."  I want to put that out there for anyone (Hm Hm... Jared) who would say that I misquoted the pledge that I DID quote it correctly for many a year.

Anyway, the point of this is to present a quiz for those who truly are Texans, and those who (though they were not born there) still claim to be. (Like me).  

See what you know and what you remember.  And for those of you who are from someplace else, see what you can recall about your own state.  I didn't even know that some of these things were claimed by a state.  I mean, a state vegetable?  Really?  Well, here's the quiz:

1.  State abbreviation
2. State capital
3. State nickname
4. State motto
5. State flower
6. State tree
7. State bird
8. State song (And can you sing any of it?)
9. State pledge
10. State large mammal 
11. State small mammal
12. State flying mammal (Yes, that's real!)
13. State shell
14. State fish
15. State insect
16. State reptile
17. State plant
18. State grass
19. State fruit
20. State vegetable
21. State gemstone
22. State stone
23. State dinosaur
24. Largest city
25. Draw a picture or describe your state flag

If anyone can correctly name at least 15 answers about your state without cheating (regardless of what state you're from), you should get a prize, and maybe you will.

A great site for checking your answer:  Enchanted Learning

2 comments:

HG said...

I can only do ten . . . but Idaho has a state horse; does that count?

Sarah said...

I only got 8. Sad, huh? - Nathan