Thursday, April 30, 2009

3 Years-- The Part When We Got Married !!!


Jared and I getting married as depicted by Taylie (at age 4)

Everyone deserves to go back and relieve the time of their wedding which is what this post is all about.  

Our wedding was a whirlwind because we jam-packed waaaayyy too much into 2 days.  We got married on April 29, 2006-- one day after my graduation and about 4 days before Jared started summer school.

Most of our family arrived on the 27th, so we were up late talking and hanging out.  I almost slept through my graduation the next day.  (Can you tell by the wet hair and no make-up?)  Jared called to tell me he was on his way to pick me up-- and that's what woke me up!

After the ceremony-- I'm looking a little bit better.

Right after graduation, we practically raced over to my apartment to load everything up to move it all into our new "apartment."  We lived in Jared's cousin's basement for our first 2 years of marriage.  The people who lived there before us moved out on the day we moved in.

Right from moving, I met up with the girls for a fun filled bridal shower.  I think the boys went golfing.  From the bridal shower, we ran over to the church to prepare for our exceptionally awesome barbecue.  (I can use the word BBQ because there was actually brisket there.)

The Bride and Groom to Be at the BBQ

I cared a lot more about the barbecue than the reception, so I told most of my friends that if they could only come to one thing to come to the bbq.  This is my mission president, President Bangerter, and his wife with one of my companions, Emily Dougall, and the boy Emily was dating at the time.

After the food, we played a dice game (somewhat like Bunko) called "Burn the House Down."  My cousin Emily and her husband Jeff arranged it, and it was lots of fun.  This is my nephew Ethan and I playing the game .

That night there was a hullaballoo because my sister Megan lost her purse.  So most of my family was running around trying to find it.  Jared and his family went over to our apartment after the bbq to finish moving things in and putting the bed together.  He didn't have his phone on, so I couldn't get ahold of him.  I spent most of that night moaning to my sister Amber and to my best friend Jennifer that Jared wasn't answering because he'd changed his mind.

I kept up my moaning the next morning when Jared STILL didn't answer his phone.  I cried practically the whole time Amber was doing my hair.  Good thing she was nice about it.  And Jennifer just kept laughing at me and telling me I was being ridiculous.  Which I was.

I rode up to the temple with my best friend Jennifer and a very good friend from college, Tessa.  This is me nervously awaiting to see if Jared would show up.  He did.

We were married in the Manti, Utah temple.  It is also where my mom and my older sister were married.  I think I'd always wanted to get married there.  Isn't it beautiful?

And now for the wedding album:







We were married at noon, and the reception started at 5.  As you saw from the action packed day before the wedding, we cut everything too close that week-end.  

Some of the guests arrived before everything was ready. Jared's parents were frantically finishing the food, my dad was gone to pick up the cake, and Jared and I were still en route back from the temple.  

Jared and I with Grandma and Pa

I know some of you might be making lude (sp?) smirks about why my hair is different.  The honest truth is that we drove back with the windows down, and the curls were ruined, so I just pinned it up.

You'll also notice that I also have different flowers.  My mom made a bouquet for the reception that I could throw so that I could keep my real wedding bouquet for myself.  It was a good idea.  Jared's cousin Sarah, who has Downs Syndrome, caught the bouquet, and she was so excited!  Since the flowers were silk, she still had the bouquet the last I heard.  She would talk to me about catching the flowers almost every time I saw her.

No comments: