Saturday, April 4, 2009

15 Month Check-up (One month late)

Once again, Luke has bright orange bandaids on both thighs.  Poor kid!  So many shots.  And this time, he had BOTH the MMR and Tetanus-- totally brutal!  He screamed bloody murder during the shots.  I know they hurt, but I think being pinned down bothers Luke as much as the actual injections.  

I came prepared with a warm bottle, so after his shots I gave him a hug and warm milk.  He calmed down really fast, and didn't show any bad effects.  I'd heard that his legs would probably be sore and stiff, but apart from being a little more fussy, he was just fine.

He was still running around like crazy all day.

And the stats:

Length: 31 and 3/4 inches (56th percentile)
Weight: 24 lb 4 oz (38th percentile)  
(Can you believe that?  People are always telling me how chunky he is, but he's actually below average!  I think his cheeks make him look chubbier than he is.)
Head Circumference: 19 inches (75th percentile)



What a trooper!

And having Blankie around always helps.  I asked Jared if he thought maybe Luke would start to believe like I did-- that his Blankie has feelings and a soul.  Jared said that if Luke started to think that way, he'd throw away the Blankie.  Well, that's one Blankie that would be dug out of the trash real quick.  We Blankie "understanders" have to stick up for one another.  Luke, I've got your Blankie's back.

No comments: