Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Party Time!

Nora and I hosted Hayley's baby shower last night.  It all went really well, and we had a good time planning it and pulling it off.  Hayley dressed in the party theme color: Yellow!  Nora was the mastermind behind practically everything.  I learned a lot about art and creativity from her.  She is the hostess with the mostes'.

After the Shower-- Sorry that the decorations are down.  They were beautiful...

Just one illustration of the decor.  Nora taught me how to make these beautiful tissue paper balls.  We made a lot and hung them from the ceiling.

The food-- it was all yellow!  Squash soup, corn chowder, corn bread, lemon poppyseed muffins, lemon bars, and cupcakes with yellow icing.  Thank you to everyone who brought food!

What's a baby shower without presents???


And some of the people who came:

Elizabeth and Gwyneth

Kendra, Leslie, and Olivia

Brittany, Katy, and Elsa

Baby Ella

I only had my camera out for a few minutes, so I didn't get pictures of half the people who were there.  But it was great to see everyone who came.

And while this is only somewhat related to the shower, last night got me thinking about how much I'll miss everyone this summer.  Williamsburg has been a great experience so far, and I'm so glad we live here and have gotten to know so many wonderful people.  I hope all of our friends from here have a great summer, smooth moves (those who are moving), and constantly updated blogs.

No comments: