Friday, May 22, 2009

Grandpa and Grandma's Visit: Wednesday

On Wednesday Jared was in class again ( I know these posts are backwards.  Sorry).  Anyway, Mom, Dad and I hung around the house in the morning so Luke could nap, and then we met Jared for lunch again.  This time we went to Carrot Tree Kitchens because I had been dreaming about their carrot cake for weeks.  It seriously is the best cake I've ever had.

It looks like a dump, but don't be deceived.  It is soooo delicious.

After lunch, Jared headed back to William & Mary, and Dad, Mom, Luke, and I went to Historic Jamestown.  

Our first stop was the glass blowers hut.

On the path to see the glass blowers.


The beach in front of the hut.  

As soon as Luke saw the water, he made a run for it.  In the past, he's actually been scared of waves and water movement.  So I thought I'd nip his water run in the bud by taking off his shoes, sticking him in the water, and scaring him silly.  


Backfire!!! He loved the water.  He would have played in it all day if I had let him.  He even tried to sit down in it and ended up with a pretty droopy diaper.  After about 5 or 10 minutes, I noticed bugs around Luke's legs.  I think they were just mosquitoes, but it was enough to tell me to get him out.  So we went and joined Grandma and Grandpa watching the glass blower.


Making a wine bottle

After we watched the glass blower for a while we headed over to the monuments at Historic Jamestown.  Mom and Dad had a really good time, and Luke and I did too.

Go Law!

The inside of the old church

The most recent archaeological dig-- happening now!

Pocahontas

That evening, we went to Waller Mill park for a cook out and walk.

Looks good, right?

Luke was served first of course.  He ate a whole hot dog!

The handsome chef

Bird watching while we eat

Yum!

What a great evening!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Sooooo much fun! So glad we were able to come out and see you. Hope all is going well in Houston. Bet it is way fun to be home again. So glad Jared and Luke can learn to enjoy your family and friends there. What a fun time. We love you!