Monday, November 7, 2011

TENT!!!

Two Saturdays ago Luke asked Jared if they could build a tent. I think he was imagining blankets over a table, but I didn't want to give up my kitchen table, so I had a better idea. I made Jared dig out the real tent (I thought it was a little 2-person) and set it up. It turned out to be bigger than I remembered. But both boys LOVED it. Luke especially loved it and spent the first evening opening and closing the door over and over and over. We dragged the crib mattress into the tent, and Luke slept in the tent that night. I didn't have the heart to take it down when the boys were having such a good time with it, so pretty much all last week our living room looked like this:



After the newness of the zipper doors and windows had (mostly) worn off, Luke started playing in the tent and not just with the tent. We played board games in there (Luke LOVES Candy Land!), read books, etc. His favorite game was going on a bug hunting expedition-- He got that off of Blue's Clues. Here's how we played: I would hide a bunch of plastic bugs that Aunt Jennifer sent and Luke would hunt around and find them and then bring them back to the tent where he would hold them up and name their color and look at them with his magnifying glass.

Random tidbit: Luke's favorite color is green. The green bugs were his favorite, and sometimes the bug hunt didn't go very well because after he found the 2 green bugs he would stop looking for the others. He HAS to be the green man when he plays Candy Land, and he always wants a green DumDum. We are almost out of Green Apple flavor, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the remaining 150 +. I asked Luke what he wanted for his birthday. His answer? "A green."

Anyway, back to the tent. We had to edge ourselves around the tent to check email, sit on the couch, walk through the front door, etc. So finally on Thursday evening I decided it had been long enough.

Micah had already gone to bed, and I had just tucked Luke in and gone to detach the poles when I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of the boys in the tent. So I got Luke out of bed and snatched one shot:



We will definitely do this again!

No comments: