Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Luke's Very Favorite Books

Luke chooses the same 3 books every night before he goes to bed. His all time favorite is Goodnight Moon. He reads it himself. The funny thing is that I only have the book in Spanish, so Luke reads it according to our translation. My friend lent me her copy this past weekend, and quite a few things are different-- like it rhymes.

When I read the book to him in English he kept correcting me. For example, we read the Spanish book saying a painting of the cow jumping over the moon. In the English book, the word is picture, but when I say that, Luke always says, "Painting. Painting."

I got this book from Debbi, and Luke loves it. He won't listen to the whole story, so we read the first stanza on each page and then say, "Night Night (whatever animal is on that page)." Luke's very favorite is the otter. I don't know why.

Last of all, Luke loves Corduroy. We also have to shorten this book because he turns the pages too fast, but he gets a nice edited version every single night.

I really love books. I'm glad that Luke does too. I have a big list of books that I want to get for him. Some of my favorites when I was little were:
1. The Five Chinese Brothers
2. The Story of Ping
3. The Little Engine that Could
4. Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
5. Make Way for Ducklings

I also would like to get "Ferdinand the Bull" because I saw it on the movie the Blind Side. I remember seeing a Disney Cartoon of that story when I was little, but I didn't know it was a book. I can't wait until Luke will sit through stories like this. Then it would make it worth it to buy them. In the meantime, we'll enjoy his 3 favorite stories and few others when he'll let me read them.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those books are so much better than a $1 Toy Story comic book from Target....I'm jealous!

Sara said...

LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD- BEST BOOK EVER- HANDS DOWN.
hope you are feeling well and growing that baby!!
love ya

MOM47 said...

More must-haves:
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
The Monster at the End of This Book
No, David (but you already knew that)
Horton Hatches the Egg