Friday, June 25, 2010

Jamestown River Beach

Luke loves to dig at the beach! This morning Keegan, Caleb, Luke and I headed over to Jamestown River Beach to play in the sand. We were the first ones there and had the whole beach to ourselves for a little while.

Luke sure wasn't going to win any fashion contest this morning. His ensemble, as you can see consists of a brown hat (keep the sun off his face-- pointless since he turned the hat to the side), an orange and white shirt (UV protective swim shirt), jean shorts (because they're the least likely to stain should he sit down in dirt, etc.), and black and red rain boots (because Luke HATES the feel of sand/ rocks on his feet).

Caleb and Luke had so much fun digging. Luke also spent quite a bit of time throwing rocks into the water.
After 20 minutes or so, Caleb got adventures and ran out into the water. Luke followed him out, which surprised me because he almost never goes into water. He was wading in almost to where the water would go into his boots. Luke has had a big growth spurt over the last 2 months or so and had outgrown all his shoes, so these were brand new rain boots and I didn't want him to get the inside wet. I pulled him out of the water and put his Crocs on his feet, but then he wouldn't get in the water because he could still feel the sand. I finally crammed (literally) his feet into his old too small rain boots that I had brought for Caleb and let him have at the river.


He tramped around completely water logged for a good long time just having a blast. I'm really glad I brought his old boots along, and really glad I was finally able to get them off his feet. They were suctioned on pretty tight and for a while it was questionable whether or not they were coming off again.

I loved the beach because for the most part Luke stayed in one general area. I got to sit and talk and relax and wasn't constantly hauling him away from whatever random distraction he preferred. Also it was shaded so I didn't feel like I was going to die. We can't wait to go again.

No comments: