Monday, September 7, 2009

When Luke is sick...

Luke woke up with a cold Friday morning. Actually it started in the middle of the night on Thursday, so Jared and I have had quite a few nights of lame-o sleep. When Luke coughs or gets too stuffed up, he wakes up crying and has a hard time getting back to sleep. Since he's been overtired on top of feeling crummy, he has been in a baaaaad mood the last few days. Only a few things have made him feel better.

1. Teletubbies (I think he's been watching 3-4 hours a day, and since we only have 1 DVD....)

2. The bathroom sink. Why? I don't know. But he takes my hand and pulls me to the bathroom and whines until I put him in the sink. So I've spent quite a bit of time sitting on the toilet with the lid down and reading my book while Luke does this:




3. The vacuum. I pulled this out and just let Luke pull, push, or whatever he wanted to do with it as long as he wasn't crying.


4. The washing machine. Luke wanted to stand in the washing machine again. He would just bang on the lid and laugh. Then he'd want me to lift him out and immediately lift him back in again.

I hope he gets better soon!

2 comments:

HG said...

Sick babies are the worst. At least they do some really cute/pathetic things when they are sick. Hope he feels better soon!

Mandy said...

I've got two sick babies over here too! That darn nursery! I hope yours gets better soon as well as mine. Then we can get them together!