Monday, September 21, 2009

How I Learned That Luke Could Lock the Door

You see this innocent face? Well, truthfully he is innocent, but he's also too observant for his own good. Apparently he has watched me lock the door enough times to know how to do it himself. This morning I ran down to the car to put the jogging stroller inside, and when I ran back up (about 1 minute later), I couldn't open the door. Luke had locked it behind me.

I didn't have a phone or a key, and I just panicked. I banged on our neighbors door until he let me in (wearing some shorts and his face covered in shaving cream) and let me in to borrow his phone. Jared didn't answer though, so no help there. Then I remembered that I know where one of the maintenance men lives. On my way to his house, I saw another one on the street. I flagged him down (crying and making a fool of myself in from of about 6 moms waving to their kids who were getting on the bus) and asked him to let me into the house. He was really nice about it. Even though the whole escapade took less than 10 minutes, it was very frightening and stressful. Needless to say I will ALWAYS take a key with me when I shut that door. And Jared and I have started using the chain on the door at all times. Because it's only a matter of time until Luke learns how to unlock the door...

1 comment:

Keegan said...

Oh, Stacey, that is so scary! I'm so glad you were able to get in. Crazy kid!