Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some New Things

This post has no pictures (sadly) but it does have a few updates on our lives.

Luke said 4 new words last week: cat, duck, sun, yay! The exclamation point is for that word only. Luke not only claps for himself now. He also yells yah! Only it sounds more like jay! I think it's pretty cute. He also said MaMa again this week. I was freaking our for a few days because Luke had stopped saying some words that he used to say a lot. But he said most of those "forgotten" words again this week.

Most of you know that Luke is a really picky eater. He only eats a few foods well, but this week he ate some new things. He had meatloaf, pb&j, and Gogurt. Any guesses as to what was his favorite? He also ate a whole banana and a pancake. For Luke that is a ton of food for one sitting, so we were proud of him. We're trying to include Luke in our meals more, and give him the food that we're eating.

A big exciting point of last week for me was that our check came from US Airways. We got the whole amount that we asked for. Which makes sense since we sent pictures and only asked for what the items were actually worth. (No claiming that my wardrobe was all Gucci and Armani). It was so stressful at the time, but now that time has passed, it was actually nice that about 1/4 of that stuff was ruined. The bras that were ruined, for example, were actually too big since I've lost some of my weight. So I could replace them with ones that fit better. My swimsuit and flats that were ruined were already old and messed up, so instead of replacing them (because I had already gotten new flats and a swimsuit in July), I got some boots that I've wanted for a while. And Luke was outgrowing his pajamas that got ruined, so I could replace them with the next size up. Some things still make me really sad though. Lots of the things that were ruined were gifts from friends and family. And even if I can find something almost exactly like it, it doesn't have the same value.

Another great thing that happened last week was that the Harrisons came for a visit. Jared and Adam talked football and jobs. Luke and Samuel played so well together. They had a blast pulling his clothes out of his dresser and then putting them back, throwing blocks around, and babbling to each other. At one point, Samuel was sitting in Luke's car basket, reaching into the block basket and throwing the blocks to Luke who would immediately chuck them one by one under his crib. Nora and I stood in the doorway watching and laughing. Nora and I were so happy to catch up on each other's lives. I've really missed her!

No comments: