Monday, December 19, 2011

Condiments

I think it's safe to say that my kids are quirky. They have the most bizarre obsessions. I've posted about Micah's love of boxes already. But his new love is condiments. Any condiments. This boy will get into the pantry and carry around the unopened condiments that he pulls off the shelf, such as the relish bottle featured in these pictures.


But his very favorite is mustard. This kid is fast, and like Luke, he has some incredible canine hearing. He can hear the fridge open from any room in the house, and he beelines over and steals the mustard before I even know he's there. He just carries around the bottle a lot of the time with a huge grin on his face. He also likes to open and close the lid. Most of the time I don't care. If mustard makes him happy, he can knock himself out. But the other day he really did almost knock himself out. He had stolen a bottle of ketchup and was walking around with it. And then I heard this scream! I ran over to the hallway and Micah was standing there with ketchup all over his face and his eyes squeezed shut. I guess he had fallen or something and the bottle had squirted him right in the eye! He was trying to get back to me and stumbling like a drunkard. Poor little tyke! But it didn't deter his antics at all. He still goes for the condiments any chance he gets.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Thanks for a good laugh! You've got adorable kids.