Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome Party...and why I'm an idiot

Yesterday was the 2nd annual welcome party for all the LDS William & Mary students in the Jamestown and Williamsburg wards. Jared and I (well, really just I) put it together last year and had such a good time that we did it again this year. Last year, we asked for donations to help pay for everything, but this year (BONUS!) Jared had the great idea of asking the J. Reuben Clark Law Society to sponsor it. So while I still took charge of booking everything, shopping, and organizing, we didn't have to pay for anything. Score!

It turned out so well, and I am kicking myself that I didn't get pictures. That's why I'm an idiot. I always forget my camera! Almost all the students came-- I think only 1 or 2 families couldn't make it. We had the party at the clubhouse in our apartment complex and the rental of the clubhouse included the pool. So after our brunch potluck lots of us went swimming. I didn't really get to swim because right outside the chain link fence surrounding the pool is Luke's very favorite air conditioner. So I got to sit in the hot sun making sure Luke didn't fall off the table he was using to get a better view of the air conditioner. "It's spinning! It's on!" Thank you, Heather for coming to talk to me in the hot, HOT sun so I could hear something besides that prattle.

It was fun to meet the rest of the students/ student wives that I hadn't met yet and catch up with some of the people that I hadn't seen over the summer. I'm excited for this year. We've got a great group and will have lots of fun together. Can't wait for our first girls night!

1 comment:

The Sorrell Family said...

I hate that we had to leave early, but I am glad that it was a success!! I will volunteer to have the first girls night at my house if no one else has offered.