Monday, August 11, 2014

BYU Day

One day we went down and spent most of the day at BYU.  First we went to the Bean Museum, which is a Natural Science museum full of taxidermy animals.  My sister Amber's father-in-law used to work there, and it was neat to be with Dean on his first tour of his Grandpa's old stomping ground.  I'm sure it was special for Ann, Dean's grandma.  I think the boys had fun.






The museum had been completely renovated and expanded.  There was a large new exhibit featuring the art of President Packer who would sculpt birds and other animals.  He also did many wildlife paintings.  It was probably my favorite part of the museum because I'd never seen it before and didn't know he had those talents.

After the museum we went to the Creamery and had some BYU ice cream.  Yum!  And then on to bowling in the Wilkinson student center.







I don't know where we were, but at BYU somewhere.


Aaah. Nostalgia.  College were some good years.
Go Cougars!

1 comment:

Keegan said...

Oh! I just read about the Bean Museum in BYU Magazine. I thought it sounded cool and wished I could pop over with my kids for a visit -- how cool that you got to go.