Sunday, June 22, 2014

First Field Day

Field day, at Luke's school anyway, didn't mean the same thing it did when I was an elementary kid.  There weren't any competitive races against the other classes.  Instead it was more like a school carnival with different events.  It was divided into three sections: outside games on the PE fields, inside games in the gym, and free play on the school play ground.  I was volunteering at the basketball game in the gym, but I did sneak outside to get a few pictures of Luke.  His favorite game was the water balloon toss.  I don't think he tried any other outside games.  This is his first go:




And then he found his favorite friend and asked him to play again.


Inside, Luke tried bowling.


And a scooter race.


He also did a cup stacking game, but I didn't get a picture.

And field day was finished off with a snow cone.  Yum!


It was fun to see Luke enjoy himself.  He stayed mostly to himself, but he tried lots of activities and had a good time.  As I've said before, I count the year a success!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He really has the cutest smile!