Sunday, April 29, 2012

That Tricky Easter Bunny!

I realize that this is EXTREMELY late, but better late than never, right?

The Saturday before Easter I realized that I still hadn't prepared anything.  This wasn't laziness on my part;  I hadn't had a chance to go to the store without the boys, and I didn't want them to see any presents beforehand.  Plus Jared wanted to be a part of the choosing as well.  So on Saturday night Jared and I went to Wal-mart for our date.  In Jared's words, "This is the worst date I ever had."  (Think Nacho Libre)  Wal-mart on Sat. night is bad anyway.  Wal-mart on the night before a holiday is insane.

Our Easter Bunny was very tricky-- he hid the boys' Easter baskets!  We warned Luke that this would happen.  Well, actually I explained this to Luke and Jared looked at me rather incredulously.  Apparently the Easter bunny doesn't hide everyone's baskets.  But he did in my house when I was little, so he did it for Luke and Micah too.

This is Luke searching for his basket:








Micah's basket was under a chair in the living room.  He didn't understand looking for a basket at all, but Luke found it for him.  One thing Micah DID understand was how yummy fruit leather is.  He was a big fan.



I read on Val's blog that they celebrate all of the egg hunts/ easter baskets, etc. on Saturday so that they can easily focus on the Resurrection and the Savior on Sunday.  I think I remember that when I was little our Easter Bunny come on Saturday too.  I think we'll do that next year.

1 comment:

Kari said...

The Easter bunny hides our baskets as well. =) At least Jared knew about Easter baskets. Nat thought it was all very weird when he heard about it! No Easter bunny in France at all apparently.