Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An Update on Our Lives

Okay, most people know that Jared is working at Stanley, Frank, and Rose this summer. It's a small private firm in Houston. Jared is loving his work! He's been doing a lot of real world things: research, memos, more research. He's met some very interesting people too: a congressman, an ex pro basketball player, and some others. Plus, he ended up getting paid. Which is wonderful because it means that we won't have to borrow money this summer, and it also means that we can pay our dentist bill.

Saturday, Jared and I went to the dentist. It was the first time for me in 3 years and the first time for Jared in about 7. And since we don't have dental insurance, it's out of pocket. We paid for our cleanings and in July we go back for 2 fillings (Jared) and a crown (Me). Ouch! That will hurt the pocketbook. But you can't buy a new smile, so I guess it's worth it.

I've loved being near my cousin Emily and my best friend Jennifer and her family. Luke and I visit Grandma Debbi and Grandpa Terry pretty frequently, and so they keep me from going crazy. And now that my mom is on break for a month, Luke and I have more entertainment. It's nice just to have company. I tried going to a neighborhood play group this morning at our neighborhood pool. It was good and bad. Luke spent most of the time either running away from the kiddie pool and trying to jump in the big pool or trying to maul the new babies that were resting in their car seats. So we didn't stay for very long.

Other things about me: I cut my hair and added "swish" bangs. I think it was a mistake. It's a lot hotter. I think it looks better, but they semi drive me crazy. Also, I am so happy that when I step on a scale, I FINALLY see a 2 in the second digit. That makes me very happy. So my news and what's going on is not all that exciting.

For Jared: His research is getting published July 2nd in Healthcare for Women International. He is the main writer for the article, and he will soon be featured on the BYU homepage. He may even appear in other newspapers. I am so proud of him! Also, he found out that he did better this semester, so he was really pleased with his school year. I know he'd kill me if I brag about him too much, but I'm just so glad. And some of you know that Jared had committed not to study on Sunday this last sememster. It was a sacrifice for Jared, and it's inspiring and humbling to see the blessings that flow from following the Lord's commandments. It makes us thing of King Benjamin reminding us that we can never repay the Lord for all the blessings he gives to us.

For Luke: His new favorite word is Jaboowie. I guess his fish should be glad that he wasn't saying that all the time when he was getting named. Sibit is much more dignified that Jaboowie. He also now knows where his toes are and his bellybutton. He learned those two really fast and has gone on a brain freeze in learning anything else. But Luke has always had his own timetable. He's a lot of fun.

We miss our family and friends who are not with us. Hope you all are having a great summer!

No comments: