Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Old Stomping Ground

Mom Herrera works at Wilson elementary where I went to school for 2nd-5th grade. I went up on Tuesday to say hi and caught a glimpse of my second grade teacher who was by far and away my favorite teacher of all time. Since she was with her class, I didn't get to talk, so I dragged Luke back up to the school on Thursday after school was out to say hi and thanks.

Mrs. Hutchins and I


Mrs. Hutchins is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to become a teacher. She was so important to me during that critical time in my life when I had just moved from California and was just starting to come out of my shy shell. She praised me and loved me and I loved her too. I remember that my mom let me invite her over one Sunday morning to have muffins at our house. When she came, she brought me a cactus. Man, I loved that cactus. But know that I remember it, I don't think it lived that long. I probably watered it to death.
It was so fun to see her and to tell her that I remembered her and appreciated her. What a great lady!

No comments: