Sunday, June 7, 2009

Astros Game

On Saturday (June 6) Jared and I took advantage of live in baby-sitting for the first time and made Dad take us to an Astros game at Minute Maid Stadium.

We parked at least 10 blocks from the stadium in order to save 10 bucks on parking (Dad's idea). And then we hiked up who knows how many stairs to the cheap seats. But since the stadium was (obviously by the picture below) not full, we got to move around to find better seats once we were in.

I'm admittedly not much of a sports watcher. The problem is that even when I stare at the field I don't process anything. I saw a couple of outs and I watched Pence hit a home run in the first inning, but most of the time I was just peppering Jared with ," What just happened?"



Jared was all pumped to catch a fly ball. I told him one wouldn't come that high, but all the same, he emptied out the camera bag so he'd have a good place to catch a ball should one come. And he swore that if it did, he'd get on ESPN. No such luck. Can you believe a ball didn't end up in the cheap seats? That must be the first time in history that didn't happen. Better luck next time.


Jared had to take 3 pictures before I was relatively happy with how I turned out. All the same, after seeing so many beautiful women walking around the stadium with their hair all cute, I'm dying for a haircut this week. Time for an overhaul.


And on a rant: I'm a Mac. Love my mac. And Jared's computer is confusing to me. iPhoto is my friend, and I've lost my friend. I can't figure out how to rotate pictures, edit pictures, or even for that matter how to download pictures on Jared's computer, so... Since the pictures of Jared and my Dad were all vertical but downloaded horizontally, he doesn't make an appearance. Just be reassured that he was there and seemed to have a good time. Even without the nachos.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Can I just say that I am SO JEALOUS that you are in Texas! My uncle does security at the stadium sometimes, and have you had any Blue Bell for me yet?