Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Back!



Much to Jared's dislike, I LOVE American Idol. I really got into it for the first time last season. I watched bits and pieces of previous seasons, but last season I became a true fan. I even had a book for tracking each episode. There were places to write down predictions of who was going to be voted off. And there were places to track the judge's comments.

Jared and I only had one car in Utah, and Jared had to work on Tuesday nights. My sister Amber would pick me up from school every Tuesday, and we would watch American Idol and eat pizza. (Oh...I finally figured out how I managed to gain this 15 pounds...) Amber and I would take turns recording in my book, and then we'd always vote after each show. After we voted, Amber and I would make our predictions of who was out, and then call mom and my sister Megan to get their predictions as well. We were all a little psycho about it.

This year, my friend Leslie has been so kind to let me crash her place for the last 2 weeks to watch American Idol. Jared and I don't get any tv channels :( To be honest, Leslie and I have chatted more than we've paid attention, but that's all kinds of fun in and of itself. Last night, Nora came too, and we had a true girls' fest that I at least have really missed!



I'm not such a fan of the new judge. I think it draws out the process. But then....I don't like this part of the show as much. It doesn't really get good until we know the final 12. And is it just me not paying attention, or are the clips more boring than previous years? Just a few more weeks to go before it gets really exciting!

No comments: