Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boy for Sale!

I'm going to vent, and since Jared isn't here at the moment, I'm venting to cyberspace. This is what I have spent the last hour doing. Just imagine.

I'm playing with Luke in his room, and I smell something funny. Check his pants. Yep. Poopy. I take off his pants to change him. And...it's all down his leg and all over his clothes. So I strip him completely and I go to the bathroom to put his poopy clothes in the sink to scrub later. Then I turn on the water in the tub to get it hot. I walk to the patio to throw out his diaper and come back to the bathroom. I walk to the tub to check the temperature. Good. And I realize, "Hey. My sock got wet." I start looking around for where Luke must have peed all the while thinking, "How did he have time to come in here and pee? I was only gone for a second!" Just then, in comes Luke. He slips and falls down. Rolls over. Gets up, slips and falls again. Well, I guess I know where the pee is. A HUGE puddle in the middle of the floor that is now not just in the middle of the floor but all over Luke and splashed around. Thanks, Luke. I grab a towel and wipe it up. I go to the washing machine to throw it in and hear a yell. Go back to the bathroom. Luke's got his fingers stuck between the toilet seat and the lid. Get him unstuck from the toilet and drop him in the tub. I scrub him down, and grab the cup to wash his hair. Fill up the cup, get ready to douse his head. Luke swipes the cup, and THROWS it out of the tub. Water all over the bathroom floor. Great! So I finish washing his hair, get him out. Towel him off a little and then go back to the bathroom to mop up the water. Come back to the bedroom, and step in something wet. What?! Luke peed AGAIN? What is he? A dog? And now that I'm done venting, I need to mop the bathroom floor and scrub out the clothes in the sink.

3 comments:

HG said...

Wow. And this is what we have to look forward to. Thanks for pointing out the bright spots in our child's future.

Mandy said...

I shouldn't be laughing out loud right now, because I have felt your pain. But that was too funny!! Welcome to boys and parenthood. I think it is something about hearing the water that makes them go pee AFTER you take the diaper off. And no less on the floor right by the tub so you have to kneel in it! So sorry, but cute at the same time.

The Grady's said...

We need to get together more often! It sounds like you need a break for sure! Call me anytime you need to vent or just come downstairs!