Monday, January 12, 2009

A Pet Peeve

Like every couple, Jared and I argue about some stupid things. For example, Jared hates the way I let the toilet seat slam down. What do I hate? Well...



I hate the way Jared falls asleep on the couch. And Jared LOVES sleeping on the couch, so he always gets mad when I wake him up. And I don't sleep as well when Jared isn't with me so I ALWAYS wake him up and try to talk him into coming to bed. It's one of our ongoing battles. This picture was taken on New Year's Eve. I woke Jared up with the flash, and can you guess? Yep, another argument.

Now of course, when I say argument, it's not really an ARGUMENT. It's more of a predictable conversation where we get a teensy bit aggravated with each other. Here's how it goes.

Me: Baby? Baby, it's time to come to bed.

Jared: Babe! (in a whiny voice)

Me: It's time to come to bed.

Jared: Ummm (random mumbling and turns over)

Me: Don't you love me?

Jared: Yes (but in an annoyed tone)

Me: Then why don't you want to be with me?

Jared: I do want to be with you, but I'm comfortable here.

Me: But I need you.

Jared: I'll come In a minute

Me: I know you're lying. You always say that, and then you don't come for a long time.

And so on until I finally annoy Jared enough that he will get up and stomp to bed.

Ah! Sweet love!

1 comment:

Sally said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is the exact same thing that happens with Jeff and I, except I'm usually the one asleep on the couch. It must be a Wilkerson thing. :)