Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Don't be fooled by the innocent smile you see below.  This little guy can cause more trouble that you would believe.  Last Thursday, I took him to a BBQ for friends that live in our apartment complex.  It was at a grill over by the basketball court, and there isn't really a good place to put Luke down and let him play.  But since he was fussing so much, I put him down.  Within seconds, he was covered in grass with blades of it sticking out of his mouth.  By the end of an hour, I was at wit's end.  He'd eaten dirt, bugs, and sidewalk chalk.  He'd been passed all around the circle being held by lots of friends and neighbors.  He tried to steal Elizabeth's ice cream.  I gave him some fudge bar (STUPID MOMMY!) which ended up all down his shirt, Elizabeth's husband's hands, and then my shirt (WHITE).  I decided it was time for us to leave and get cleaned up.  While I was buckling him into his stroller, he leaved forward and grabbed a cupcake.  His hands were coated with blue and red frosting.  Before I could get the wipie out to clean them off, he rubbed his hands all over his face, and then all over the stroller.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it took me 2 hours to clean up the mess-- sweeping up the grass in the kitchen and bathroom, vacuuming up the grass in the living room and hallway, bleaching our clothes, bathing Luke, scrubbing down the stroller.  Who knew what was hidden behind that angelic smile?  Are girls this bad?

No comments: