Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Addendum to "I Sorry"

Yesterday when I went to drop off Luke in the childcare at the gym, he wrapped his legs around my waist and gripped me harder than I think he has ever done before. When I tried to detach him he started chanting, "I sorry. I sorry."

All of a sudden, his little phrase was not at all funny. I felt terrible. I kept wondering, "Does he think I'm abandoning him?" I tried to reassure him that it was going to be fun, but he didn't calm down. He just kept saying that he was sorry, and I almost felt like crying.

He had always liked the gym childcare before. He'd run in and join up with a little friend and they'd push cars around or whatever. I told the workers to come get me if he cried for more than 10 minutes. They never came to get me, so I assumed he had calmed down. What he did was fall asleep. Not normal for Luke. NOT normal at all. He's not running a fever, he's eating, and he's sleeping. So what's wrong?

No comments: