Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Pumpkin Patch

Luke and I headed out to Pumpkinville today for a look around and a new place to run. It's a cute little pumpkin patch located on Richmond Road, and it's free! They have a few games, a short maze, and a hay ride. The pumpkins are way overpriced, but last year I felt like since I had partaken of the atmosphere I should buy one. I feel no such duty this year. We just went for the fun.

Luke loved pushing the wagon around.

Entering the maze

Checking out the shadows

"I know I'm a great leader, Mom!"

"I can see the end. But how do I get there?"

He happily ran around for about 10 minutes before he came to me with his arms up. He led us down a million dead ends. But when the crucial moment came, it was up to me to get us out. He was carried to the end of the maze. Oh the life he lives...

Staring at the tractor after the hay ride

Actually he stared at the tractor as if in a trance the entire ride. I think it was the wheels he liked so much, so we made up a new song: The Wheels on the Tractor.


Luke wanted this pumpkin, but it was $8.00. I'll wait and get one for $3.00 at Wal-mart. Anyone up for an FHE pumpkin painting contest?

"Well, if she won't let me get that one, maybe she'll like that one way over there?"

Luke loved the games. He would take the balls in and out of this bucket over and over. He was quite protective of the bucket as well. He stole it away from 3 different kids. I got him to give it back, but there was some minor embarrassing fit throwing.

"Where'd that kid put my bucket?"

"Yay! I got it in!"

1 comment:

melissa said...

Looks like a fun place! Now that you guys are back in VA and settled we have to get together!