Monday, October 26, 2009

2nd Annual Witches Night Out

Witches night out was a tradition started by a good friend, Kelly Crawford, last year. We had so much fun that we wanted to do it again. Hence making it a tradition. So Hayley, myself, Katy, and Kelly organized another one for this year.

What is a witches night out? First and foremost: an excuse to get together and eat fattening food and talk. Secondly: a hat decorating contest. Obviously Hayley knows how to go all out.

It was actually a little more complicated to put together than we originally thought. Mostly because of this:

Hayley broke her foot last week and isn't supposed to put ANY pressure on it. That made cleaning and decorating a little bit harder. Luckily, the fact that she was an invalid gave me plenty of opportunity to hang out at her house last week which made for at least 10 X the adult conversation that I usually have. It was awesome! And Luke and her daughter Emiline play really well together. Luke was happy to have so much interaction with a friend.

Hayley's husband, Greg

Greg got thrown into all kinds of errands for us. An hour before the party started, Katy called to say they couldn't find any bowls. So Greg was sent out to rescue us. As soon as he got back, we were ordering him around to hang up our tissue paper decorations. And periodically throughout the evening he would be called out to become photographer. He was a great sport.

And the evening was so much fun!

The decorations were beautiful.

The food was yummy.

And the witches were fantastic!
And then it was time to vote on the best hat. I was really hoping to get a prize because I had spent over 8 hours on my hat. I know it doesn't look like I spent that much time on it, but each piece was hand stitched on. And since I never sew, I'm really slow. I was really proud of my hat because it's the first thing I've EVER made that I a) started b) finished and c) did all by myself without any help.

Yay! I won first prize!
Hayley made the box that Kelly is holding and the wreath that I won. The wreath is made out of Lindt truffles. It's pretty much the coolest thing that I'd ever seen. I hung it on our door, but Jared took it off because he said someone will steal it. So I'm looking for a good place to hang it inside.


Okay, first years. Who's going to carry on this tradition when we're gone?

1 comment:

Keegan said...

Okay, we look lame because we didn't do the hats, but I thought it was amazing and anticipate there being many more in the future. How's that for reassuring? Thanks for doing it, Stacy!