Sunday, February 15, 2009

Some Things Luke Has Learned



Luke has finally figured out how to bounce a ball.  He loves it!  Well, you saw the video, right?

SIDE NOTE:  In looking at this post as well as older posts, I realize that there are an inordinate amount of pictures/ videos of Luke where he isn't wearing pants.  I want to assure all my avid readers that Luke DOES own pants and USUALLY wears them.


Luke learned how to knock. He loves knocking! He knocks on doors, windows, books, toys-- basically, whatever will make a noise. And he thinks it's a really good joke when Jared or I says, "Who's there? Oh! It's Luke!"

While I was trying to get some good pictures of his knocking, Luke saw the camera. He decided he wanted it. And that leads to another thing Luke has learned.

See this face? I get to see it at least 20 times a day. Why? Because Luke has learned how to beg. I hate it. He comes up to me and whines to be picked up. It began because he's discovered a whole new world up on the countertops. But it's a world out of his reach unless he has help-- that's where I come in. I understand, but I can't spend my entire day holding him while he explores the higher world. I will admit, though, that his excitement in his new discoveries is incredibly adorable. He laughs and twists all over the place the second he is picked up.

Luke has learned to climb "mountains." He has discovered that I pile our pillow shams next to the bed when Jared and I go to sleep at night. Luke LOVES to climb on these pillows and roll off. He dives into them, runs into them, and belly flops onto them. He especially likes it when we chase him towards the pillows. It makes the end pillow flop more dramatic, I guess.




Below is a video where you can see BOTH Luke's begging and his running mountain climb.



Luke has learned how to shut doors. He thinks it's really funny, and he laughs when the door closes. The only problem is that (as you can see), he can't open them, so he's taken to shutting himself into rooms lately. I always hear him before he cries for very long.  To tell the truth, it's usually his knocking that lets me know he's shut himself in somewhere.


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

luke is getting SO big. i LOVE his pouty face. i need a video of him knocking please.