Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Kid by Any Other Name Would Be As Cute...


But maybe not quite this cute!



I realize I'm a biased mother, but I think my kid is adorable!  I feel all proud inside when other people stop and smile at him.  I'm like, "Yeah, I know.  He's a heartbreaker."

And when people ask his name, I'm so glad to say it's Luke.  (Short aside:  In Utah, when I would tell people his name, they would always jump to Starwars.  Here in Virginia people ask, "Like the Bible?")  Anyway, I think Luke is one of the best names in the world.  I just don't think he'd be as cute if his name was Fred.  Or Dagwood.  Or Wolfgang.  But who knows?  Anybody out there know a good looking Wolfgang?

And while Luke IS his name, he is actually called by other names quite often.  Here are some of his nicknames.


  • Lucas (Jared and his spanish!)
  • Lucasito (Ditto!)
  • Cachorro (It means puppy or cub)
  • Chanchito (piglet)
  • Woocas (Another one of Jared's)
  • Lukeman
  • Lukester
  • Lucas Magucas (because it rhymed and, well...who really knows why?)  And then look what that led to:
  • Mr. Magucas
  • Senor Magucas (Only Jared calls him that)
  • Gucas (Only I call him that)

Still not done yet!

  • Lukey (Pretty much only the Beans call him that)
  • Pipsqueak
  • Squeaky
  • Squeaky-man
  • Bug-a-boo
  • Bug-a-bushka (Maybe because it sounds Russian when you say it fast?)


Poor kid!  I'm surprised he can figure out his own name.  I'm pretty sure he knows it's Luke.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

when hes sick do you call him pukester?

Bill said...

So fun to see the photos and read the fun things you are doing. I remember the days of trying to get rid of pacifiers. Makes life difficult for a while... What a cutie Luke is. Best wishes to all of you! You are a great family!
Love you, Janice