Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Things! Woo Hoo!

I love new things, and this month we acquired a few.  

First, I got this book by Malcolm Gladwell.  It was recommended to me by my friend Nicole, and I thought it sounded interesting.  So I picked it for our family book group, and even though it isn't March yet, I'm halfway through.  I love it!  It's crazy to think about what determines why and if a person succeeds.  His theory is that it depends on talent, yes, but also on circumstance and opportunity.  Some people really have more opportunity than others, so some people are more "set up" for success.  I like it because it helps me understand what I can do to "set up" Luke for success.  I recommend this book.  

I got one more deck of rook cards (So now we have 3).  I have decorated two decks leaving one as is.  I have gotten one deck a month for 3 months, and now we have enough to cajole some friends over and make them learn how to play Nertz/ Pounce.  If flattery doesn't work, we'll kidnap some people because I want to play!

I found an aebleskiever pan on Amazon!  Since I'm the only married person in my family who doesn't have one yet, I figured I better jump on the bandwagon.  I actually looked it up because I thought Luke would like them.  Pancakes are one of the few foods he will eat.  (So, Monica, thank you for the Ihop gift card!  We got 2 meals out of it.  Hooray for all you can eat pancakes at $4.99!)  We're going to try them for the first time on Sunday.  Some good pictures are soon to come.




1 comment:

Nora said...

stace--sorry i didn't pickup today. i was sort of couch-ridden, since my legs were pretty sore w/arthritis. i love malcolm gladwell. this week i finished blink and the tipping point. how funny we're onthe same wavelength w/books. miss you, and love the pics of luke. he is so handsome.