Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Trip to Yankee Candle

I've heard a lot of good things about the HUGE Yankee Candle store in Williamsburg, but I'd never been there.  After being at the day care everyday for a few weeks, Luke and I were ready to get out of the house.  So on Saturday (while Jared was taking a test!) I talked my friend Nora into coming to Yankee Candle with me.

Nora and Samuel by the Christmas trees.

Luke and I in line waiting to see Santa.

Luke and Santa

Well I think the Santa was awesome.  He almost looks like the real thing, and he was really nice.  Luke didn't smile, but on the upside he also didn't cry.  I think I might go back to try for some better photos.  The "professional" lady got a really good one, but they cost $25 for two 5X7's and I wasn't going to pay that!  Nora took this photo while the "professional" was taking hers.  Thanks, Nora!

At Yankee Candle they have a whole Christmas section that is open year round.  In that room it really snows!  And they have a bridge that goes over some fake water that changes colors.  Luke liked standing on the bridge and watching the "water."  There is a big train set that goes around the top of a few rooms.  Luke liked watching that too.  Overall it was fun to go and see, but I wouldn't buy anything there.  Pricy!  They actually had a harness of bells for sell.  Guess how much it cost?  400 DOLLARS!  If I had that kind of money, I could think of something WAY more cool to spend my money on.

2 comments:

HG said...

You mean he isn't the Real one?!!!

Mandy said...

I LOVE that place! We took the kids to see Santa too. I love all of the stuff they have in there too! The kids had fun and want to dip a candle every time we go there. (Which isn't that often by the way!)