Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our Little Linus

I think most of you who read this blog know that when I was little I had a favorite blanket that I called "Bluie."  Well, Luke has attached himself to a little blue blanket of his own.  It's not the same inseparable relationship yet as I had with my blanket, but he definitely prefers it to any other blanket, and recently he likes to have it nearby.  He has always pulled it off the shelf and cuddled it more than any other blanket.  But this week, the attachment has GROWN.  He carries it around.  He hugs and cuddles it.  He tries to walk with it, but it gets tangled around his feet and makes him fall, but he does it anyway.

Last night was a pretty bad night.  Luke cried a lot.  Around 12:30 am I tried to go in and calm him down, but he wouldn't calm down.  Then Jared tried.  Finally I tried again, and I put this blanket in bed with him.  He smiled, pulled it up around his face, and went to sleep.  Is he a boy after my own heart or what?


No comments: