Monday, December 8, 2008

The Day Care

Well last week Luke and I were at Kim's house (the day care) pretty much all day from Monday-Friday.  It was actually pretty fun.  I had forgotten how tiring it is to work all day and then come home to a house that still has to be cleaned, but I had also forgotten how fun it is to interact with kids big enough to really play.  Luke and I had a lot of fun.

Luke did amazingly well there.  He loves following the big girls around, and he especially liked Kim's son Aaron.  Aaron would make a lot of funny faces at Luke to get him giggling.  The only downside of a lot of bigger kids is that they bumped into Luke sometimes, so he fell more than normal.  No real injuries though.

This week Luke and I will be going to Kim's everyday for only a few hours to help with the busiest times of the day (like lunch and getting ready for nap).  I really like Kim and know that I will enjoy our friendship plus the extra cash is great right before Christmas.  I think this whole day care thing has truly been a blessing.


Haileigh and Lila playing dress up in the play room.

Lunch time

There is actually one more little girl who usually comes to the day care, but she wasn't there the day I remembered to bring my camera.  I'll have to try again tomorrow so you can see Halle.  She is the most gentle with Luke, and Luke really likes her.  I also need to nab a picture of Kim and little baby Grace.

No comments: