Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time with the Wilkerson Side

To be honest, we really didn't do so great at capturing our time in pictures.  Our excuse is that Luke was sick, and then the little carrier monkey passed it on, so most of our time with the Wilkerson's involved somebody throwing up.

On Christmas Eve, Luke threw up at Grandma Mary's house.  Jared had to run to K-mart to get Luke some new pj's and Grandma Mary some carpet cleaner.  He came back with a Wall-e sleeper (pretty ugly, if I'm honest) and another sleeper that was size 9 mo.  (I don't know!)  So after cleaning Luke up and putting him down, we played a rousing game of Spite and Malice.  Probably our least conventional Christmas Eve.  We don't plan on making it a tradition.

Jared went to his brother Leonard's house on Christmas day for a big family dinner, but Luke stayed at Grammy's with me to rest up.  Luke ate gatorade for Christmas dinner.  And I ate frozen pizza.  Again: not quite conventional.

On the 26th, we went to Moroni, Utah with Jared's parents to visit his sister Rachel.  Jared and I both got sick that day though.  We were really sorry to have to hide from people most of the time.  Jared laid on the couch in the den and watched football all day, and I sat in the den re-reading Twilight before going to bed at 7:30.  I started throwing up that night.  It was REALLY disappointing to feel so badly when we wanted to be talking with family.  We know we won't get to see everybody again for a long time, so we hope that everybody reading this from Jared's family knows that we love them and are sorry we didn't get more quality time with you.  We also hope we didn't pass it on!

Here are a few pictures from the Moroni trip:

Luke with his cousin Eli.

Luke and Grandma looking at Cousin Cameron's rabbit.

It was also Luke's only venture into the snow.

The big obsession: a 1,000 piece puzzle that everybody was OBSESSING over!

They finally finished it on the afternoon of the 27th.

We had to nab a few pictures of Luke with Grandma and Grandpa.  I love this one because it's so candid.  I confess that it makes me so sad that Luke doesn't get to see his grandparents more.  I wish that I had more memories with my own grandparents, and I hope Luke will be able to create many of his own.  I was happy that he got some time with them over Christmas.

Grandma, Grandpa, and Luke

No comments: