Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayer Works

In order to earn a little extra money, I committed to running an at-home day care for a friend when she has her baby in about a week.  I have been over to her house three times now to meet the kids and get an idea of the routines so I won't be lost when I'm on my own.

The first two times I went, Luke just cried and cried.  He was clingy and fussy.  It's hard to describe because he'd never done that before.  There are 4 little girls who go to my friend's house, and they are all well behaved and adorable.  They haven't been loud any of the times I was there, so I just couldn't figure out why Luke was so upset.  I came home after the second time I went (last Friday) completely worried about how I could fulfill my commitment without traumatizing Luke.

I decided to fast this Sunday that Luke would be alright at my friend's house: that he would feel safe, secure, happy, and comfortable.  And that if something was upsetting him that I could control, I'd be able to figure out what it was.  Jared and I have also been praying that everything would go well today (when I was going to visit again) each night when we said family prayers with Luke.

Well, I just got back.  And Luke was totally fine there!!!  He only fussed a few times when I had to leave the room where he was for a minute, but there were no real tears.  Most of the time he just watched the girls.  He even laughed at them a couple of times!  He took his bottle, and he played!  I was so happy!  I know our prayers were answered, and I am so thankful that Heavenly Father heard our prayers and cared about Luke enough to answer them.

No comments: