Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Luke's Sick Today

This morning (really early) Luke got sick.  He threw up for the first time.  He looked so scared when his body would convulse.  I felt so bad for him, so I just held him really close and let him throw up all over me.  It was ALL over me.  Yuck!  

I felt really bad because I had let him cry for about 15 minutes thinking it was like a regular night and he'd go back to sleep.  But then I felt like I really needed to check on him.  When I picked him up, the smell just hit me, and he had vomit all over his hair.  I felt like such a terrible mother.

Luke got a bath at 5 am while Jared changed his sheets.

He hasn't thrown up again since then, but he was pretty fussy and needy all day as I expected.  It's sad to say that enjoyed his sickness just a little because he was so CUDDLY.  I loved being able to hold him.  He never lets us do that.  So today we rocked a lot in the rocking chair and read at least 10 different books.

Hopefully he'll be all better tomorrow.  Jared and I haven't gotten sick, so I don't think it's contagious.  Sorry to Nathan, Sarah, and Skyler.  I hope he doesn't get y'all sick!

No comments: