Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Parties

Tuesday night was our ward's Halloween party.  It ended up being quite the bummer for me.  Jared had a meeting that night at school.  He said that he could get to the church by 7:30, but Luke usually goes to bed by then, so I was planning to leave around 7:15.  I thought about not going, but then I thought, "Jared is probably going to be busy our whole married lives.  Am I going to just sit at home and miss out on things when he can't come too?"  I figured I'd just get into the habit of bucking up and going to things anyway.  

But then Luke fell asleep on the way to the church and wouldn't wake up again.  I got to the church and carried him in.  Since he was asleep, I just sat down at a table and watched families come in together.  People were nice and talked to me.  Trisha Otto and her family came to sit by me and were really friendly.  I also talked to Amanda who (whom?) I visit teach.  But I still felt out of place and on the verge of tears.  I really don't know WHY I was so upset.  I've done things without Jared before.  But that night, I had really wanted us to be together for Luke's first Halloween.  So I guess I do know why I was upset after all.

I mostly went because I wanted to get some pictures of Luke in his costume.  I mean, for someone as small as Luke, they're whole Halloween is the church Trunk or Treat.  I had someone take the picture below and was about to leave when Luke woke up for just a little bit.


I got one picture with Luke and I and Brittany and Benson.  Brittany and her husband Tristan offered to help with Luke so that I could eat, but I just decided to go.  Luke was cranky because he was still tired, and I still felt a little stupid.  I guess I can't Cowboy Up as well as I was hoping.

But...when I got home, Jared was there.  He just busted out laughing when he saw Luke in his costume.  Since Luke was so cute, we decided to take some pictures of him with his dad at home.  Halloween really is just about the pictures anyway, right?


I know Luke was going to be a Colonial.  But the weather got pretty cold this week (in the 50's).  Nora had found this little leopard outfit at the thrift store for 5 bucks, and since it was so much warmer, I decided to dress Luke in it for the party.  I'll get some more Colonial pictures later.

It's so hard to get Luke to smile for a picture these days!  He gets entranced by the camera and just stares at it.  To get him to smile, Jared had to bounce him around a little bit.  Those are Jared's thumbs.  He's holding Luke up in the air.

Jared tickling Luke to get him to smile.  Can you see his teeth?  He has four on top now!

Look at his cute little tail!  I really need to learn how to photo shop so that I can take out the junk I have left on the floor.

The little leopard crawling around.


Since Tuesday was such a bummer and I didn't get that many pictures, I decided to crash the Williamsburg Ward Halloween party on Wednesday night.  Jared and I hang out with a lot more people in that ward than our ward, so I didn't think I'd feel so awkward.  Call me crazy, but I wanted to practice my Cowboy Up skills one more time. (Jared had ANOTHER meeting)

Luke with Kevin and Leslie Grady, our downstairs neighbors.  The Gradys got a job in Dallas, so they'll be moving to Texas this summer.  

Luke and I at the Trunk or Treat.  We just walked around.  We didn't get any candy because...Let's be honest.  Luke can't eat it, and I really shouldn't.

The Beans!  Emiline was a cat, but she wasn't at all happy about the eyeliner on her face.

Surprise!  Jared's meeting was actually NEXT week, so he came and joined us.  Luke and I were SO happy to see him!!!  We ate dinner with the Beans (kind of).  I ate a hot dog, but there wasn't anything vegetarian there, so Jared couldn't eat.  When we got home, Jared put Luke to bed and then we made spinach pizza.  Yum!

No comments: