Friday, November 15, 2013

What goes on in their heads????

I ask myself that questions several times a day.  Today I asked it when the boys threw some poop over the neighbors fence.  Now that is an awkward moment.  Walking next door and apologizing to someone that your children threw poop in their yard.  Awesome.  Also, when I asked Luke why he did that he told me that it was because Jesus wasn't there to tell him not to.  WHERE does he come up with this stuff?

I asked myself that question yesterday when Micah (who was supposed to be in time out in his room for shredding a credit card payment stub) snuck into the guest bathroom (because his was locked!), filled up a mixing bowl with water and then dumped it in the middle of his bedroom floor.

And I asked myself that question after a conversation with Luke a few nights ago.  I have been reading the "Magic Tree House" series to Luke.   We read a chapter (or a few) most days.  We just finished book #4 in which Jack and Annie find out that the "M person" is Morgan le Fey, a magic librarian who can transform into animals.  Doesn't that just make you want to pick up that series right this very minute?!  But anyway, I asked Luke which animal he would like to be if he were magical like Morgan le Fey.  He said he would like to be a sea lion so he could swim way down to the bottom [of the tank at the zoo] and look at the drains.  WOW!  Consider me speechless.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would just like to point out that the last paragraph suggests that Luke can justify his reasoning. That's an important skill. And maybe there is some sort of logic behind the other craziness too? His own brand of logic, that's for sure, but it's something.

Keegan said...

Yeah. Kids are crazy. But then they probably think we're pretty illogical too. Anyway, our logic doesn't match theirs a lot of the time, I think. Those books do sound fun. We will have to check them out!

Sarah said...

Lol! What are they thinking??!

Oh Magic Treehouse. And the books are all the same. Over and over. Blah. Skyler likes the Night of the Ninja.