Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Texas! (with no pictures)

On June 7th I flew down to Houston for my bestest friend Jennifer's wedding reception.  I got there mid-day, and from the time I arrived I was spoiled.  I was spoiled by glorious sights, like old me wearing cowboy boots with their suits-- I just love that!  I was spoiled with great food: Sweet Tomatoes, BBQ, and the best Tex-Mex EVER.  I was spoiled with the most marvelous pampered morning when I was treated to a manicure and pedicure.  I was spoiled with sleep.  I got to sleep in until 9AM at least 3 out of the 4 mornings I was there.  And most of all, I was spoiled with wonderful company whom I have missed so much!

Jennifer and I have known each other since second grade.  Our brothers were also the same age, so we had a lot of joint play dates when we were growing up.  I was envious of Jennifer's life-like dolls and unbelievable teacher-tool collection (She even had an overhead projector!), and she liked my trampoline.  We were close throughout our younger years and those first exciting years at girls camp.  And then in high school we became inseparable.  During those years when we were defining ourselves and going through (what we thought at the time) were terrible heartaches and struggles, we were there for each other.  And though we have been living apart for over 12 years now, we have kept in touch and visited and truly know each other's deepest struggles and greatest victories.  I was so honored to be the Maid-of-Honor.

The reception was beautiful, as anyone who knows Jennifer and Debbi would expect.  There is no way to do it justice without pictures, so I won't even try to describe it.  Good food, great dancing.  Catching up with friends.  And seeing Jennifer so gloriously happy with Victor.  He is a special person, and they definitely have a lot of good times ahead.

Like an idiot, I forgot to pack my camera.  Many pictures were taken, but I am still waiting for my promised package of prints to arrive.  When I have them I will definitely post them because everyone should get to see the breathtaking bride and her (sort of) beautiful side-kick.  Ha Ha.

On the way back, my flight got cancelled due to bad weather in Atlanta (my connection city), so I had an extra night in Houston.  I was so lucky that I got to spend it with my cousin Emily.  I met her new baby, Beckett, and he is just as adorable as her other boys.  We stayed up waaaayyy too late talking and catching up.  And I am so glad we did.

The trip was perfect.

And I came home to a clean house, completed laundry, sleeping children, and a handsome hubby.

Does it get any better than that?

1 comment:

Keegan said...

Sounds awesome! I'm so glad the wedding went well and I am sure you were gorgeous! Way to go for Jared manning the home front. Great dads are the best! :)