Monday, November 30, 2009

Not a Baby Anymore

I feel like a baby enters childhood on their 2nd birthday. Not an infant anymore at all. By that time, a lot of the baby chub is gone and independence is on the rise. I can't believe I have a child now and not a baby!

Luke celebrating his 1st birthday
Turning Two!!!
For his birthday, we (Jared, my friend Jennifer, and I) took Luke to Chick fil' A-- one of his all time favorite places. He had chocolate milk

and chicken nuggets.
He put the flowers to his nose...

and took a big whiff.

And then he went to the play land.

Later that night we had cupcakes to celebrate some more.

For some reason, Luke was more interested in the Chow Mein noodles than his cupcake. We couldn't get him to blow them out. Finally Jared had to do it. Once the candles weren't lit anymore, Luke got more interested in them. He bit one candle almost in half before we got it out of his mouth. Thanks to Jennifer for grabbing some cute pictures of him with his cupcake.

Yummy cupcake

Yummier Chow Mein

After a bath, it was time for presents.

Thanks for the bus, Mima and Papa!

I love my new magnetic drawing board, Grandma and Grandpa! Is that what it's called?

A big thank you to the Mayfields. I have so much fun with my new bath toys!

The Herreras gave him the cutest cowboy backpack of all time! I seriously want to hang it on the wall because it is so cute. I haven't taken a picture of him wearing it yet, but it will definitely appear on the blog as soon as I take it.

Overall the year has gone by so quickly. I can't believe all the things he's learned in the past year. Some of the biggest ones are running, climbing, talking (more words every week), using a sippy cup and fork, eating LOTS more solids, following simple directions (when he feels like it), and playing pretend ("cooking"). He is turning into such a big boy!

This week his big vocabulary burst centered around animals. He said wolf, rhino, monkey, cock-a-doo (rooster), and camel.

There was another burst of names. He says his name now when he sees himself in pictures (Yuke). And during this week, for the first time ever, he called me Stacy and Babesy. Think he wants to be just like his dad or what?

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

happy birthday, LUKE! wow, i can't believe he's two, that means its time for number two to be in the works, babsy!