Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rainforest Cafe

On Thursday we had a fun little girls day out (with Luke). We went to lunch at Rainforest Cafe because I thought Luke would love it. Debbi was worried that he might be scared because the animals inside move, and there is a "rainstorm" every 20 minutes.

Luke was definitely NOT scared! Nor was he quiet or calm. He would not stay in his high chair. In fact, he screamed when we tried to put him in. He wanted to run around non stop. We ate in shifts to keep him happy.

A short break to try a french fry

Luke by the big elephant.

(You can see in this picture my new haircut. Which turned out to be a mistake. I wanted to get "swoop" bangs because they looked so good on Sarah, but mine don't look good like hers do. And they drive me crazy. So in a retrospect that will take a long time to grow out...oops. Oh well. It's only hair, right?)


This is at the bar, and it was Luke's favorite part of the restaurant. The bar stools had tails that Luke could play with, and the bar itself (the part in front of your legs if you were sitting) had bubbles floating up in colums. Luke loved watching the bubbles! There was also a big fish tank to the left. He's looking towards it in this picture. It was not the relaxing lunch I had imagined. I thought Luke would have so much to look at that he'd sit happily and eat his food, but it was still fun. I'm glad we went.
Later that night, we had a girls night out. Mom, Debbi, Debbi's mom, Jennifer, and I went to see My Sister's Keeper. I thought it was really good, and I would recommend it. My mom had read the book, and the ending is different than the book. But from how the book sounds, the movie ending is MUCH better.


No comments: