Monday, July 19, 2010

An Artsy Crafty Summer

This summer has been so hot, and I don't do well outside in the heat. Luke, on the other hand, doesn't care how hot it is (as long as he gets to see the "air cushioners"). So we've been doing a lot of arts and crafts projects during the day to keep us occupied INDOORS.

One of our newest hobbies is painting. Luke is becoming a true VanGogh.



Actually he's more of a Jackson Pollock. But hey, abstract art is totally in.

And we do play doh a couple times a day. My favorite thing about play doh is watching Luke heft the big rolling pin.
I taught Luke to yell "I'm the boss!" when he's pounding the play doh flat.


We've also been doing too much baking because Luke LOVES to make cookies. This week we made banana bread instead of cookies.

Every evening Luke still gets his outside time. We either go to the swings (looking at the air conditioners along the way) or the pool (looking at air conditioners on the way).

2 comments:

The Rasmussen Family said...

Cute little man! You are a brave mommy with play dough...I hate cleaning out of their little finger nails! Looks like you are having fun!

Amber said...

So I tried leaving a comment a few days ago and it wouldn't let me. Here's what I was going to say: Luke is getting so good at smiling for the camera! And his haircut looks very handsome. Now I have one more thing: I saw that your blog background had been deleted, so congrats on the new one. It looks really cute!