Friday, January 2, 2015

The Firm Christmas Party


Jared's firm had their Christmas party at a fancy place.  Now I can't remember the name, and I couldn't really figure out what it was.  It wasn't set up like a restaurant or a hotel.  So maybe it was just a fancy reception center.  But there was valet parking and when we entered someone took our coat.  Fancy waiters walked around with trays of wine and appetizers that I didn't know how to eat.  We got our goblet of fizzy water (which I don't like, by the way) and mingled.  

I always stress out about these events because I'm uncomfortable with fancy.  I don't know what to wear, so I stress about my outfit.  I'm nervous I won't be able to join in the conversation because I don't know what's going on in the legal world and I'm not up to date on current events.  But I always have more fun than I think I will.  No one has ever been weird about my not being part of the corporate world.  Lots of the people have kids, so people asked about Christmas preparations, our kids, etc.  But people are always surprised by how far away we live from downtown.  When people ask why we live so far out I say that it's because Jared loves me.  I tell them that I have family there.

Anyway, we talked to lots of people and made our rounds.  We were both tired though.  So once people started getting food and sitting down to eat, we skipped out early.

This photograph was taken at the party.  I like the way it turned out.

No comments: