Thursday, December 26, 2013

Luke's Birthday

Luke was sick on his birthday.  He'd been on an antibiotic for a day by then and had some of his energy back.  This was both good and bad.  I woke up to Luke saying, "Let me paint your foot now!"  I shot out of bed and ran into my bathroom.  I found the boys painting their hands with my foundation, using my nice Mary Kay brushes.  They were hand printing the bath mats.  So... that was the bad part of Luke feeling a little better.  



The good part was that he wasn't so whiny, and we got to do a few fun things for his birthday.  He opened presents in the morning.  He was very excited to inherit Jared's old ipod and to get a cheap ipod dock of his own.  He played music most of the day.  He also got a new book from Micah:  "Hooray for Amanda and her Alligator."It's a Mo Willems book, and he is BY FAR my boys favorite author.  They love all his books.

After dinner we had cupcakes and ice cream.





And then we decorated the Christmas tree.



A pretty low key birthday given the circumstances.
But still pretty good.

Happy 6th Birthday, Luke!

No comments: