Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Check-Ups

Luke had his 3 year check-up last week, and Micah had his 2 month check-up yesterday. As Jared's sister, Rachel, said of her boys, "I just keep feeding and watering them," and it's working for us too because our boys are growing. Here are the stats:

Luke

Height: 36.5 inches (23rd percentile)
Weight: 31 lb 8 oz (50th percentile-- don't know how because he doesn't eat anything)
Head Circumference: 20 inches (60 something percentile. For some reason the exact percentile isn't on the print out.)

Micah

Height: 23.25 inches (64th percentile)
Weight: 11 lb 11 oz (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 15.5 inches (36th percentile)

I can't believe how fast Micah is growing. In 2 months he's grown 4 inches and gained over 4 pounds! It's his growth in length that really blows me away. I think I'm going to be pulling out the 3-6 month clothes this weekend because I can barely zip up most of his sleepers. He was very calm at the doctor's office until his shots. He didn't like that at all and screamed pretty intensely, but he calmed down quickly. Later in the afternoon, however, he hot really upset and screamed intensely again for almost 30 minutes before falling asleep. He seems much better and happier today.

Luke was a nut at his check-up. He was opening drawers and trying to push buttons. He even crawled into the cabinet under the examining table and discovered that there are cabinets that open on the other side as well, so he kept crawling through the examining table in his very own tunnel. He was pretty good for the doctor, but he started freaking out as soon as he saw the nurse. I guess he remembered his flu shot from a few weeks ago. Poor kid. He's getting a second dose tomorrow. But I'll bring him a cookie and some chocolate milk to make it better.

1 comment:

Amber said...

First comment, the word verification is tononsa, which I think is an excellent word. It just sounds festive. Maybe because I'm reading it during holiday season. But either way, I think it should have something to do with a party.
Second comment, those stats made me giggle. I love that both boys are in the 50% category in weight. But where is that weight coming from? Well, apparently for Micah, it's in his long body. For Luke, who is fairly short, it comes from his head. We all knew his head was slightly on the large side. These stats confirm it. So funny. But it's a darn cute head!!