Monday, August 18, 2008

Jared started law school orientation today.  There was a special meeting for spouses and significant others this evening at which I found out that law school orientation is more like an extra week of classes for students.  

Luke had a hard day because I dragged him to Wal-mart and to Cosco.  Luke doesn't like shopping because it means he can't roll around and play.  Luke is so good at his little army crawl.  He kind of struggles knowing when to stop though, so he has a lot of bumps on his head from crawling into things.  We've had to barricade all the corners in the living room so that Luke won't be able to play with the lamp cords.  However, it's just impossible to baby proof everything.  Luke gets stuck under chairs a lot, and really, what can I do about that?  Get rid of all our chairs?

I have lost one pound!  Woo hoo!  Not a lot, I know, but if I can loose 1 pound every week, I can be skinny in a couple of months.  I've gotten to where I can run for about 40 minutes without stopping.  I think that's the longest I've ever gone.  I know I was supposed to run at least that long during junior high track practice, but I always ran just far enough that the coach couldn't see me, and then I would swing on the swings at Lieder Elementary.  Now you know why I never won a race.  Other fun events: On Friday night I went with a friend to hang out with some girls from church.  We made out own slip and slide.  My best technique was to slide on my knees.  I could go pretty far.  It was really fun.

Okay, not to be completely negative, but I've found some new pet peeves.  1: I bought a book shelf at Wal-mart today, and the picture on the box shows about 15 books spread out on a 5 shelf bookshelf.  Hello.  It's called a bookshelf.  It is not a vase shelf or a woven basket shelf.  They need a new picture.  2:  Bathrooms without changing stations.  Next time I go to a store or a restaurant without one, I want to just go back into the hallway (or the table) and change him right there.  3:  People who don't vote on my blog.  Only one person has voted: me!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am commenting on your blog so that you know I read it and will keep posting new things. The vote for Kevin is based a lot on the last episode of the season that just finished. "I do the numbers".

Nathan

Nora said...

I totally agree re: changing stations. We've pretty much stopped changing Samuel in public places for that exact reason. Long live dirty diapers!